With the current health situation in the country, physical turnover on-site is limited as of now. Tagaytay Highlands is highly committed to the safety of its clients and employees, thus another option has been implemented which adapts to the new normal to still accommodate the turnover activity virtually.
The virtual turnover procedure is contactless which gives clients a full turnover experience in real-time through a digital communication platform. A Customer Service Officer will be happy to guide you step-by-step – from property inspection until signing of acceptance documents.
- Step One: You have the option to have the virtual turnover administered either via Google Meet or Zoom. Tagaytay Highlands team will send an email to confirm your virtual attendance for the turnover.
- Step Two: Upon confirmation, a calendar invite will then be sent to you with your preferred date and time of turnover. Simply click “Accept”.
- Step Three: On the day of the Virtual Turnover, click the link in the calendar sent to JOIN. This kicks off the virtual inspection and turnover of your property. Tagaytay Highlands’ Customer Service Officer will give you a thorough virtual tour of your property.
- Step Four: During the turnover orientation, the Customer Service Officer will discuss all the important details about the turnover documents and what to expect thereafter to complete your living experience. The team will be happy to orient you with the house construction/move-in guidelines.
- Step Five: Confirmation of acceptance of your property will be done through signing the turnover forms on Adobe Reader. Moreover, you can also sign and take a photo of the document through your mobile phone. Either way, the documents have to be sent back to the Customer Service Officer via email.
Should you have clarifications or if you want to know the detailed steps on your property’s turnover, you may contact our Customer Service Officer through the following mobile numbers or email addresses:
Highlands Prime, Inc. Customer Service
+63 917 501 1853
Belle Corp. Customer Service
+63 917 822 6584
YOUR TURNOVER GUIDE TO BEING A CERTIFIED NEW TAGAYTAY HIGHLANDS HOMEOWNER
What qualifications do I need to satisfy to secure a turnover schedule for my new property? How do I know that it is time for the property to be turned over to me? Are there any rules that govern the use and occupancy of the property which I will purchase?
Such thoughts may have naturally crossed your mind either out of plain curiosity or perhaps due to increased excitement over having your new Tagaytay Highlands lot, cabin, or unit within your reach anytime soon.
Good news is, the answers are just a quick scroll below – plus something about that much-awaited ‘event’ which every new homeowner needs to go through to become a full-fledged member of the community: the turnover ceremony.
A turnover simply refers to the process wherein Tagaytay Highlands officially hands over the property to the buyer.
The procedure generally follows a series of steps that ends with the signing of official documents. It pays to have some advanced knowledge to ensure what to expect in order to get the most out of the process.
So, here’s a generous helping of what you need to know to keep your turnover document-signing enjoyable and hassle-free.
Before the Turnover
Requirements to Fulfill Before Turnover
The following are the qualifications that you (the homeowner) will need to comply to before the developer schedules the property turnover:
- At least 20% payment
- Approved membership
- No pending request/issue
- Updated payment status
- Contract to Sell signed and submitted
Pro Tip: Exercise due diligence and revisit your contract to read the fine print prior to scheduling the turnover date. Additionally, settle your payments early and keep all the necessary receipts to avoid turnover delays.
Scheduling the Turnover
The lot/unit/cabin must be turned over within one month upon issuance of notice. A Customer Service Officer will get in touch with you for your preferred day within the issued month. Turnover can be accommodated from Mondays to Sundays, 9 AM to 4 PM.
On Turnover Day
Inspecting the Property and Available Amenities
The turnover day offers you a great opportunity to thoroughly inspect your new property and other available amenities, and ask any questions you may have to the Customer Service Officer. The process may be done either as an actual turnover on site or through a virtual process using an online video communication app.
Pro Tip: Prior to inspection, it is best to know the specifications and deliverables of your purchased property, so you know what to expect during the inspection.
Signing the Turnover Documents
After a thorough inspection of your property, you can now sign the turnover documents. The Customer Service Officer will guide you in signing these and will provide you with the Turnover Kit, which will prompt you to start constructing your home while enjoying the club’s amenities. Following are the documents that will guide you, moving forward:
- Acceptance of Turnover Form
- Masters Deed of Restrictions
- Supplemental Deed of Restrictions
- Design Guidelines
- General Construction Guidelines
- Lot Plan & Site Development Plan (SDP)
After the Turnover
Easing into your New Property
When the official turnover is done, Customer Service Officer will now endorse you to the Homeowners Association (HOA) who will conduct an orientation with you on the house rules and regulations, as well as provide house construction guidelines and other requirements, so you can enjoy your new home to its fullest potential.
This will also help to familiarize you not only with the property, but also with the Tagaytay Highlands community of your purchased property.
Easing into your New Community
HOA is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all common areas like the pavilion, swimming pool, and landscaped areas. HOA charges a certain fee, also referred to as association dues, as well as other assessments which shall be used for the regular upkeep of these amenities.
As stipulated in your contract, you, as a purchaser, automatically become a member of HOA. Therefore, upon turnover of the property, part of your responsibility is to settle the association dues on a monthly basis in order to continuously enjoy the use of the shared amenities.